I find no fault with the author’s assessment. Her six reasons for a woman’s prolonged singleness:
- Being too angry and bitter
- Focusing on a man’s quirks and not on his character
- Being too free with your body
- Being dishonest about the level of commitment you expect from the men you date
- Being overly focused on one’s own self.
- Believing that you are not good enough just as you are.
So it’s true then? I’m pretty average in my struggles after all. While I have no stuggle with casual sex, and little current struggle with focusing on irrelevant traits in a man (like how many languages he speaks), or with being dishonest about my desire for a serious relationship and marriage, I find that I am still fighting a a championship match against anger/bitterness, selfishness/self-centeredness, and believing that today, right-this-very-minute, I am enough and worthy of a good man’s love.
What a helpful piece.